Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Books

Many of you may wonder what I have been doing for the last three months...many of you may not. Well, birthdays, holidays, work, ear infections (leading to a gross eye infection), new nanny, taxes, an anniversary, and books.

Here's the thing about books, they are my friends. They are NEVER selfish, they almost always give me what I need; whether that need is balm for a frustrated soul, answers to pressing questions, or a lovely little "check out" from the world. No matter my age or place in life, books have always been a constant. Twenty and completely lost, books are there. Thirty and facing a world of ups and downs, books give me solace. Almost forty and completely insane, books step up and say "I can help".

As I write this, I realize some frustration I've been carrying around. Lately, there has been a rather large volume of self-centered people in my life. People who I once counted as friends have shown true colors and it's been a painful journey. I'm positive they have no idea who they are, nor do they take the time to read this blog so they will never know; my question is this, do you come to a point in life where it's not worth it to talk to someone about an action they took that hurt you? I have always lived by the value that talking things out maintains strong relationships, and that ALL relationships are worth saving. But now I'm instead wondering if there are some friendships that should just be allowed to pass. It's a conundrum.

Also, I tend toward the self centered, so am I not cutting enough slack? Maybe I should look at the situation as more of a growth experience. People grow and develop and change, maybe this is part of the process and I need to just let it go. Stop being so darn SENSITIVE. Ugh, maybe I'll just go read.

No comments:

Post a Comment