Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Is it Really November?

My due date is twenty-four days away. TWENTY FOUR!!!! What have I been doing since my last post, you ask? Well...we have been very busy getting the baby's room ready, getting the house ready, buying everything we need, might need, will never need but are convinced we will one day need and exchanging things we think we will need, only different.

Last Friday was my 36 week appointment and it went very well. We got to hear Corrin's heartbeat and got another ultrasound so we could see if she is head down (yes) and looking normal (also yes). Now it's just a waiting game. I am not a patient person, and apprehension is growing. What is labor going to be like? I'm not really scared yet, don't worry - I feel that coming, I'm just wishing I knew. I pride myself on researching something until I know it completely, all of the twists and turns and possibilities. With this, there is no way of knowing what it is going to be like, feel like, or anything until it is here, happening. That is a bit strange to me.

It is so interesting to me that I can't "issue spot" my way through this. I can read a million books, I can talk to every sister, mom and friend that I know, I can watch my nieces and nephews to get ideas but until she is in our world showing us who she is, we really will have no idea what life is going to be like. That's a lot to swallow for this Type A lawyer.

That said, as of Friday, if I go into labor she will be considered full-term and we will let to have her in our lives. I am so excited!!

1 comment:

  1. YEssssssssssss. No matter what happens, you have 900 people cheering you on. I know this means nothing since you can't control it, but your baby girl is a comin' and I can't wait to see her in your arms Mama!!!

    ReplyDelete