Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Quick Halloween Aside


My sister Chrysti told me I had to blog about this...

This year is the first year in my adult life of no partying on Halloween. Being the social animal that I am (translate to "I follow my husband because he likes to go out a lot"), we went to a very last minute Halloween party with some friends. It was thrown by people I don't know, and I have never felt more uncomfortable. It's strange enough being the only pregnant person at a party, much less the only pregnant person in a room full of people dressed up in odd costumes that you also don't know. Mind you, I was dressed up as a cat, but as you can see, this was a very primitive costume of maternity pants, a T-Shirt, tail and cat ears.

Generally when I am in a room full of people I don't know I will eventually just start talking to people, but this group was already drunk, and none too open. Luckily, more people started to show up and eventually I was able to blend in. That's when the questions started...a few people just gave me funny looks as I swilled water from my water bottle, a couple walked up to me and asked if my belly was real. REALLY??? No, as I sat there wondering what to be for Halloween this year "pregnant cat" immediately popped into my head, and "primitive, completely unimaginative pregnant cat" won the day. Seriously? Idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment