Friday, August 12, 2011

TEAM RIVER!!!!

My best friend's baby was born premature, and as the weeks go on, we are learning that he has as yet un-diagnosed neurolgical issues. All we do know is they the issues are there. His name is River, he is beautiful and has a fantastic smile. His mother is a wonderful, caring, giving, observant, honest human being whom I admire beyond words.

The gift of a child is a blessing beyond words. The love that a parent feels for their child is like nothing they have ever experienced and cannot be described to others. The dreams we have for them, the hopes and visions for their life, carry very close to our hearts. When something like this happens, there is an astronomical shift in that vision and is something that we mourn. Having witnessed severe illness and conditions in our nieces and nephews, as well as the power of prayer and the joys of recovery, I see the effect these things have on a parent. I am positive that my best friend and her husband will weather this like the incredible human beings they are.

Now, I ask those that read this for your prayers. Prayers for my best friend, for her husband, for their beautiful baby boy, River. If praying is not your "thing" then please, send positive thoughts, positive energey, some good Karma, or whatever else you can think of to them. They will find their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment