Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Clumsy

Grace has never been something I have been associated with. Generally I am awkward and fall down a lot. The pregnancy has brought on a whole new level of clumsiness though. I have more bumps and bruises then ever before, most from running into things or tripping.

Yesterday was no exception. I took the bus home from work because the Jeep was in the shop. I got off at a stop about a mile from my house and started walking. Ten steps into my walk I tripped what I have decided to call "ground turbulence," also known as air, and face planted into the asphalt at the very busy intersection of University and 1st Street in Cherry Creek. Basically, I took a digger. I managed to break my fall with my knee and wrist, and thankfully did not land on my belly, but my pride has a really bad fracture!

Picture, if you will...pregnant woman in a little black knee high dress tripping and falling in the street. Getting up with sunglasses crooked on her face and trying really hard to play it off like my knee isn't bleeding like a ten year old at summer camp. So much fun!

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey, I am so sorry. Hope you are feeling Ok now. The same thing happens when you get older. Clumsy becomes a way of life. Love you and glad you are OK.
    Mom Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sister! LOL. I am so glad you didn't hit your belly. We are going to have to wrap you in bubble wrap!

    ReplyDelete