Wednesday, July 1, 2009

TRAFFIC

So here's the thing, I used to love to drive my car. It was a good way to relax on the way in to work and let's face it, driving is exhilarating! At least when you have a lead foot and get about one ticket a year.

However lately, there is a huge construction project going on at the intersection in front of my office. Not just some re-paving, but expansion, new lights, paving, etc. It is, in a word, a nightmare. Every day I get to about a mile from my intersection and learn that either the right, or left, lane are closed. It is never consistent for two days in a row and the blind curve directly before the construction people place the cones is always a fun way to think you might die in the morning.

It makes me tired, frustrated and I am positive my blood pressure is skyrocketing. And this is at 8:00 in the morning. I still have a day of work to go! I find myself REALLY looking forward to August when they say they are going to be done...of course my husband the engineer has taken a look at it recently and says no way. Oh well, I'll have to find another fun curve to speed around in the meantime...

No comments:

Post a Comment