Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ruth

In keeping with the accident prone family theme I seem to have going, I've decided the my little Ruthie is a chip off the old genetic block (even though she's a doggie). Monday morning Colin and I were enjoying a nice breakfast on the front porch and Ruth comes walking out looking like a Mastiff. Seriously, her entire face was swollen to the point where she could barely see and I could actually see hives through her fur! I freaked out and called the vet while Colin did a quick examination.

She had a bite mark on one of her lips and was obviously having a reaction. It being Labor Day, the vet was closed so we ruched her to the emergency vet where the guy behind the counter looked at her and promptly said "OH! Well I'll take her back right away!!" That made me feel better, at this point she had passed Mastiff and moved on to St. Bernard. Poor thing.

They dosed her up with an IV of antihistamine and steroids and told us to give her Benadryl that night too. Colin wouldn't let me take a picture! She's doing MUCH better now, her little face is back to normal and everything, but she is still lethargic from all the drugs. I would like to thank my best friend Kitty for recommending we get pet insurance! It will help ease the burden!

1 comment:

  1. So so so glad Ruth is okay! You will grow to love that pet insurance especially when you get a big fat reimbursement check in the mail! xo

    ReplyDelete